The admissions process begins with a visit to an Open House (interested parents should email us in October for dates). At the Open House you will receive an overview of Tompkins Hall, a tour of the facilities, and all necessary application materials. There are three Open Houses: in October, November, and December. Tours will be given on designated dates only.
Further questions can be emailed to us (email@example.com) at any point in the process.
Due dates for applications are
- Nursery School (3s/4s): December 31
- Twos Room (Childcare Center): December 31
- Baby Room (Childcare Center): January 31
- All applications must be accompanied by a fee of $45.
In January, we will invite applicants to visit the school for a 45-minute play session with six to eight children. We ask that only one adult accompany your child on this visit, which will be scheduled for either a Thursday or Friday morning in February. In March we send out letters regarding admission.
Our school serves the Columbia community as well as the Morningside Heights neighborhood and gives priority to families who use the entire program.
Tuition for 2013-2014 School Year
Financial aid forms are available by request. Please note that February 15 is the last day to request a financial aid application.
The deadline for submitting a completed application is March 1. The application must include a copy of your current 1040 income tax form.
Calendar and Phasing-In
Tompkins Hall begins the school year two days after Labor Day.
- Nursery School continues through mid-June; parents then have an optional four-week Summer Camp followed by a two-week "Extra Weeks" program.
- Childcare Center (Toddler and Infant / Baby programs) continues through mid-July; parents then have an optional two-week "Extra Weeks" program.
If you need to see an official calendar that includes all holidays and parent conference days, please let us know and we will provide one.
We ask that a parent and/or caregiver be available for the first two weeks to help your child with the adjustment to school. You will be given a Phasing-In Schedule in your family’s packet of information, which is mailed in July.